Repeat Performance (1947) is a film of the film noir style. It combines elements of a 1940s drama with a science fiction twist. The film was released by Eagle-Lion Films and directed by Alfred L. Werker.
It is New Year's Eve 1946 and a woman is standing over her dead husband with a gun in her hand. She panics and goes to her friends for help. While seeking help from her friends at a pair of parties, she wishes that she could live 1946 all over again. Magically, because she wished exactly at the strike of midnight on New Year's, her wish is granted and she is transported back to the beginning of 1946 with her husband alive.
* Louis Hayward as Barney Page
* Joan Leslie as Sheila Page
* Virginia Field as Paula Costello
* Tom Conway as John Friday
* Richard Basehart as William Williams, Poet
* Natalie Schafer as Eloise Shaw